Our engineering team is looking for an experienced PHP developer to help architect, build, iterate and maintain our app administration service. You will be part of a fast-paced team driving ongoing product iteration. You will be working on the engine that will be used to create thousands of apps.
You will collaborate closely with Product, Design and QA to spec, build, test and deploy new features.
You will play a key role in our engineering practice, implementing new features and developing the tool our customers use to create their app.
You will join a team of professionals who are passionate about their product and love working within a challenging environment.
Missions & Responsibilities
- Build new and improve existing features of the GoodBarber admin panel
- Work closely with the PHP development team, the Python team, and the mobile development teams
- Analyze functional specifications and contribute to technical specifications (under the management of the technical lead)
- Identification of the right technical solutions, definition of the technical architecture for given projects, within the general framework
- Rapidly solve problems
- Optimize the existing code for ease of use and performance
- Proactively look for ways to make the project better
- Motivation to learn new technologies
What to find at GoodBarber?
- Job location: Ajaccio, Corsica (https://g.page/creer-une-app)
- Fun, happy and politics-free work culture built on the principles of lean and self-organized
- Be part of a international team
- Work with our international team, distributed between NYC-USA, Lisbon/Coimbra-Portugal and Ajaccio-Corsica.
- Full working desk: Macbook Pro, desktop monitor, among others
- Work in the centrally located downtown Ajaccio
- 5 weeks of holidays per year
- Healthcare + dental + vision coverage
- Opportunity to learn and work with our amazing technical team
- The product is our own. The only stakeholders are part of our team
- GoodBarber is ranked as the 128th in the FT1000 Europe’s fastest-growing companies
- 2+ years experience in development
- Strong skills and experience with PHP development and basic frontend languages (HTML, CSS, JS)
- Strong oral and written English communication skills
- Collaborative attitude when working with other team members
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of PHP related web frameworks (Bonus: knowing the basics of Phalcon)
- Good knowledge in frontend technologies is appreciated (specially React native or Angular)
GoodBarber is an App Builder. A tool for creating powerful native Apps and Progressive Web Apps, with the most cutting-edge design and user experience. By dividing the cost of owning an app by 20, GoodBarber makes the best of mobile and web technology accessible to its customers.
More than 30,000 Apps use GoodBarber today. They remain at the forefront of their domain thanks to the constant improvements resulting from the continuous R&D practiced by GoodBarber.
We have offices in 4 locations: Ajaccio (France), Lisbon (Portugal), Coimbra (Portugal) and New-York (USA). Among our 45 employees, 10 nationalities are present and are there to help our customers in their native language, as our customers are located all over the world.